09 UCA 844

09 UCA 844
ACE PIGEON OF CLUB 2009!

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Congrats to Joe Nemelka and "Alfie" at the SCMDPR

Joe Nemelkas bird "Alfie" just took 32nd place in the 2011 SCMDPR Race and is out of his foundation pair.  "Alfie" Sire: Is none other then the "Kleine Lichte" who was a fabulous breeder for Joe Nemelka before tragically dying in the fall of 2010.  Dam: Is the very famous "Aarden Hen" From Nemelka Racing Pigeon Lofts who is Joe Nemelkas "Best hen he has ever owned" and is mother and grand mother to countless winners.  Joe Nemelka was even there to be able to hold "Alfie" and witness her return on the very tough final race.  Here is what he had to say about basketing 
"As you can imagine, when you are there you are standing in a line and they are handing you a pigeon and the chances of getting the opportunity to handle your own pigeons are very small.  However, each of the guys standing in line with say "If you get a pigeon with xx band...please let me know."  So as we were going through the birds, I got a couple Koopman birds and Frank McLaughlin was able to handle a couple of his birds and Dr. Al Piaget got to handle one of his birds -- then Leon said "Hey Joe, NRPL 0023 - is that yours?"  Wow, I couldn't believe it - I got to handle one of my birds.  Alfie's wing was about as good as can be expected and she felt very capable.  As you might expect, there are 100's of birds that were capable, but I was glad to see she wasn't moulting heavily and/or had any issues.  She did feel very good to me and that gives me some additional hope however misguided it may be!!!" 
Congrats to Joe Nemelka my good friend and "Alfie" on a great performance!www.nemelkarpl.com

No comments:

Post a Comment